As seaweed is the natural habitat of many fish and shellfish, there may be traces of marine life in any seaweed product. If your pet has a serious fish or shellfish allergy, they should not be allowed to consume any seaweed products including Simply Seaweed. Pets that are intolerant of seaweed or algae derivatives should also refrain from consuming seaweed products including Simply Seaweed.
It is important to understand the difference between a food intolerance and a food allergy. Whilst they can share many clinical signs, food intolerances are usually less severe and limited to digestive issues. An intolerance is a chemical reaction that occurs within the body, whereas an allergy is an immune system response. A serious allergy can affect the nervous system and result in a life threatening situation.